Taking the first step into the brave and exciting world of flight training is easier than you think. Don’t worry if you’re not sure how to become a pilot – let Soar Aviation give you your first taste of true freedom
Options for every budget
For longer than you can remember, you’ve always wanted to be a pilot. Nothing beats the thrill of being pushed into your seat during take off on a passenger plane. Your heart pounds when you look out the window at the ground below and the sky on the horizon. The view is more than amazing – it’s intoxicating. But the thought of getting your pilot licence always felt too difficult to pursue. Maybe there was no flight school in your area when you grew up. Perhaps you thought flying lessons were too expensive. Whatever the reason, one thing never left you – your craving for adventure.
The first step towards ongoing pilot lessons or just a once-off adventure into the big blue sky, a TIF is a no-obligation first lesson. After a brief introduction on how an aircraft flies and is controlled, you’ll step into the cockpit of a real plane and take to the skies. Imagine the roar of the engine as your two-seater Foxbat plane rockets down the runway, lifting off into the air to climb high above the clouds.
Once airborne, our instructor will give you a real taste of what it is to learn to fly. You’ll even get to take the stick and guide the aircraft through the air. It’s a first experience that every pilot remembers! Whether you’re interested in pursuing further pilot lessons or want to give someone an awesome gift they will never forget, nothing beats taking the controls of an aircraft for your first time. Once you get a taste, it’s easy to start pilot training in Melbourne or Sydney and begin your unforgettable career in aviation. Join us today at our flight school at Moorabbin Airport, Melbourne or Bankstown Airport Sydney.
How to Redeem:
- Please call our booking coordinator on 0395 875 020 and quote your Voucher Code to arrange your booking. Bookings lines are open 9am to 5pm (Mon-Fri)
- Print Gift Voucher and present on arrival along with a photo ID
Terms and Conditions
2. Participants must be aged 14-years or older and weigh less than 110 kg. Participants under 18 must have parental permission.
3. Flights operate seven days a week from 9am to 5pm.
4. Bookings are subject to voucher expiry date and must be flown within given dates as stated on the Voucher.
5. Not valid: public holidays.
6. If Soar Aviation cancels due to unforeseen circumstances such as weather, you will keep getting re-booked until you get to fly (even after the validity). Refunds will not be offered for customers where flights have been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances like weather and aircraft maintenance. Flights can be rescheduled a maximum of 3 MONTHS after initial flight booking – the customer is responsible for calling to rebook. Your voucher will be void if not redeemed again within this timeframe.
7. Subject to both Instructor and Aircraft availability and weather conditions – please check the Bureau of Meteorology weather forecast prior to booking.
8. Bookings are subject to availability. Book early to secure your desired date – weekend dates fill quickly so book early to avoid disappointment.
9. ALL VOUCHERS ARE NON REFUNDABLE AS PER OUR REFUND POLICY.
10. 72 hours’ notice is required for changes/cancellation of booking you have made, changes within this timeframe will forfeit the full value of your voucher. All changes and cancellations are subject to our standard Refund Policy.
11. Voucher will be void if in breach of Voucher Terms & Conditions.
12. Booking lines open from 9am to 5pm (Mon-Fri).
13. Please supply a copy of your voucher at time of flight as proof of purchase. No voucher = no flight.
14. Photo ID must be supplied at time of flight.
15. Control of the aircraft is given to students at the discretion of the Pilot in Command for safety reasons, as such this cannot be guaranteed for all flights.
16. A surcharge will apply to all credit card transactions, both online and in store.
17. Non-English speaking participants may not be able to fly, as the Flight Instructor may not not be able to communicate critical safety information. Please contact us prior to booking to confirm.
18. Instructors will endeavour to provide the exact flight duration time as specified on vouchers, however due to variable circumstances (weather, air traffic control, etc) your flight may vary +/- 10-15% as listed. Please contact us if you feel your flight was less than the aforementioned variable so we can assist.
On the Day
Pre-flight Briefing | 30 minutes
Before climbing into the cockpit you will first spend half an hour in a classroom with one of our friendly instructors. Here you will cover the basics of aerodynamics, and what you can expect to see and feel once your flight commences. Once the briefing has concluded, your instructor will accompany you to the aircraft and take you through a pre-flight inspection.
Now all the preliminaries are completed it is time to do what you came here to do… fly! On the TIF your instructor will use a method called Demo, Direct and Supervise, whereby they show you a particular task and talk you through it; once you’re comfortable, they’ll sit back and watch you accomplish it all by yourself.
During this exhilarating flight you’ll get hands on control of the aircraft and learn various aircrarft manoeuvres. All this occurs while safely under the supervision and control of your qualified instructor.
Post-Flight Debriefing | 30 minutes
Once you’re back safely on the ground and the aircraft is parked we will return to the classroom for a debriefing session. Here your instructor will honestly assess your competency and help you connect the theory with you learnt beforehand with what happened during the flight. This gives you an opportunity to ask your instructor any questions you have about the experience.
Now that your First Lesson has to whet your appetite for flight, your instructor can outline the best way for you to take the next step in your training; whether that’s flying for fun, or to begin forging your new career in aviation.
We believe that once you have experienced the initial thrill of flying, like us, you too will be hooked!